A mix of town halls, fireside chats, panel discussions and roundtables, ten sessions will address the biggest questions facing editors and publishers around the themes of digital revenue, newsroom change, policy and strategy. That includes a special focus on the pressures on local media. The programme is available here.
WAN-IFRA CEO Vincent Peyrègne said: “The pandemic has undercut the predictability of normal life and our members are seeking answers to big, even existential, questions as they adjust their strategies. At some point Covid-19 will be vanquished, the industry will bounce back but it won’t be a return to normal. Getting to normal is not so much about getting back the old normality as it is about getting back the ability to know what is going to happen tomorrow. To understand the scenario at play, we need to start to build among various groups of experts and media professionals on what news media will look like. That’s why we’ve brought together this diverse and experienced group of editors, CEOs, journalists and senior executives – to share their insights and solutions on the road ahead.”
Gathering the lessons learned, the World Media Leaders eSummit will catalyse a broader conversation about the future of news and will support a valuable new impetus for transformation. The World Media Leaders eSummit will seek to answer these questions:
- How long will it take to get revenues back on track?
- Which publishers were best prepared for the crisis?
- What can we do to win back advertisers?
- The case of big advertisers: has the crisis changed how they support trusted media?
- Is the not-for-profit model the way to secure the future of quality local and public service journalism?
- How do we onboard and keep our new digital subscribers?
- Covid-19 has accelerated the digital transition in local and regional publishers – how can we maintain this pace going forward?
- What have we learned from stumbling into the remote newsroom?
- Going viral: How do we build on the trust gained from the Covid-19 crisis and keep up the boost in the audience?
- There will be another crisis. Do you feel better prepared for going forward?
Visit events.wan-ifra.org for a calendar of the upcoming WAN-IFRA events and webinars.