Several major Asian news publishers won big at this year’s WAN-IFRA’s Asian Media Awards. They are among the 39 media companies from 12 countries that took part in this year’s competition.
Nikkei Asia – 5 awards
- Feature Article – Silver
- Covid-19 Reporting – Gold & Silver
- News Photography – Gold & Silver
South China Morning Post – 4 awards
- Breaking News Article – Silver
- Newspaper Infographics – Gold & Silver
- Revenue Diversification Project/Product/Service – Gold
SPH Media – 4 awards
- Breaking News Article – Gold
- Sports Photography – Gold & Silver
- Newspaper Marketing – Silver
Following the success of Asian Digital Media Awards in recognising the work of smaller media companies, AMA22 also launched this special award targeting news media companies with annual revenue of less than US$10 million. There will be a total number of four awards winners in each category – with an overall Gold and Silver award each and a special Gold and Silver for the top two small/medium companies.
Entries from companies, regardless of size, will continue to compete for Gold or Silver honours in their respective categories. Should no small/medium (SM) companies emerge in the overall top two spots, the two small/medium companies with the highest scores will receive the special Gold or Silver awards in that category. Should either of the overall top two spots be won by a small/medium company, the special Gold and Silver awards will go to the small/medium companies with the next highest scores in that category.
The Infographics Lab 203, kumparan, Media Indonesia, and ZingNews are small/medium publishers which beat their larger counterparts to clinch overall Gold or Silver awards in their respective categories:
· Magazine Infographics by Infographics Lab 203 – Silver
· Revenue Diversification Project/Product/Service by kumparan – Silver
· Covid-19-related Photography by Media Indonesia – Silver
· Feature Photography by ZingNews – Gold
Across the Small/Medium Company sub-categories, Media Indonesia is the biggest winner with a total of 5 awards – 1 Gold and 4 Silvers (1 in regular & 3 in SM).
· Newspaper Front Page Design (Silver SM).
· Covid-19-related Photography (Both Silver in regular and SM ranking).
· Newspaper Marketing (Gold SM and Silver SM)
This year’s competition also saw first-time winners in The World of Chinese and Yichai Media Group. Congratulations to all winners!
For the full list of winners, visit ASIAN MEDIA AWARDS
Contact and Inquiries
Wilson Leong, Operations Manager – WAN-IFRA Asia Pacific
email@example.com Tel: +65 8182 1709