WAN-IFRA, based in Frankfurt, Germany, with offices in Paris, France; Singapore; Chennai, India and Mexico City, is the global organisation of the world’s news publishers. Its core mission is to defend and promote press freedom, quality journalism and editorial integrity and the development of prosperous businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and motivated team, working together on engaging projects for news media industry.
- Support a portfolio of projects and events focussed on news publishing business, from end-to-end planning to delivery.
- Manage marketing and sales of the planned projects.
- Research new suppliers, contacts and venues and offer proactive ideas for events
- Support event programming – finding and liaising with speakers etc
- Create marketing campaigns, including marketing mailings, social media campaigns, website materials and delivery
- Coordinate events – e.g. technical production (virtual platforms), venue logistics, speaker management, hotel contracts, participant outreach, expenses and budget tracking
- Provide on-site support at events as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and marketing, and or managing B2B events (virtual or on-site).
- digital native with a passion for online news media.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, social competency and enthusiasm.
- proactive, result-driven, enthusiastic and able to suggest new ideas and solutions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience working for an international organisation.
- Widen your network and get to work in an exciting, fast-changing industry.
- Beat the routine! Varied tasks and challenges from day 1.
- Opportunity to make a real impact and develop the job role.
Interested? Please send your application together with your salary expectations and the earliest date you can start to: firstname.lastname@example.org