Director, Digital Revenue Network (DRN) (full time, m/f/d)
We are looking for the lead expert for all WAN-IFRA products and services linked to digital revenue in news publishing. The Director of our Digital Revenue Network has a dual focus on understanding the digital challenges of publisher members and leading WAN-IFRA’s Digital Revenue Network team while ensuring the financial sustainability of the department activities. Our Director will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, with a particular focus on activities in Europe.
- Growing the Digital Revenue Network, the WAN-IFRA communities focussed on digital revenue in news media companies with appropriate products and services.
- Developing DRN as a valued knowledge hub and active network of news media executives and editors involved in digital subscription, data and analytics, digital advertising, and alternate digital revenues.
- Supporting the WAN-IFRA membership acquisition and retention through DRN activities.
- Providing value-added executive programmes for leading publishers to come together, share learnings and spur new ideas
- Creating boot camp and accelerator programmes on digital revenue topics for small and medium-sized publishers
- Managing the DRN events portfolio and related budget, including the flagship Digital Media Europe, conferences, study tours and webinars.
- Augmenting the content for the annual Congress and digital media conferences with suggestions of relevant case studies or speakers, and moderating as required
- Consulting for, or coordinating associate consultants, to support publishers on digital subscription or other revenue-related topics
- Managing a team of five staff, including Deputy Director, Manager Marketing & Programming, Project Coordinator TSE, Senior Project Manager and Events Manager
- Minimum 5 years working in the news publishing or related industry with a digital focus
- Fundamental understanding of the digital revenue challenges of news publishers – and how these vary by size of company, and market segment.
- Energy and new ideas to take the Digital Revenue Network to a new level.
- Proven experience working with C-level executives on strategic goals – also of presenting or moderating at events.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills.
- Marketing and sales acumen – able to convince senior publishers on value of DRN programmes.
- Strong digital understanding – comfortable talking about the tech stack in news publishers.
- Leadership skills to manage and motivate the DRN team and collaborate with other teams on common projects and initiatives.
- Experience in managing an independent P&L will be an advantage.
- English is the working language at WAN-IFRA. Fluency in German highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel.
Interested? Please send your application together with your salary expectations and the earliest date you can start to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAN-IFRA, based in Paris, France, and Frankfurt, Germany, with subsidiaries in Singapore and India, is the global organisation of the world’s newspapers and news publishers. It represents more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries. Its core mission is to defend and promote press freedom, quality journalism and editorial integrity and the development of prosperous businesses.