The following workshop come training will be offered from Research and material testing centre to raise the learnning curve of the print production professionals. This training will be offered in different levels.
These training could either be conducted as public training or for a specific company on request. The workshop/training will be conducted in physical format or virtual one as webinar (virtual mode not possible for few)
|Pre-Press||Image optimization & Colour management in Pre-press|
|Print production tools: Adobe softwares, measurement devices, tools for newspaper production to enhance productivity.|
|Management, systems & standards||ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 Certification guide for print houses.|
|Benchmarking newspaper production Key performance Index (KPI), Global metrices for print consumables.|
|The PDCA approach for production|
|The statistical process control for manufacturing|
|Color quality and ISO standards for newspaper production: ISO 2846-2, ISO 12647-3 and DIN 19306-4|
|Carbon Footprint & Climate Calc for newspaper plants|
|Cost Management & Optimization|
|Press & Production||Densitometry and Colorimetry|
|Quality control & QC tools for newspaper|
|Analysing and interpreting the paper and ink material test results|
|Print Innovation in newspaper industry|
The training objective of the key topics are below to get the preview of the content of the training topic and helpful decide the suitable training for the team.
Image optimization & Colour management in Pre-press:
The training will help the color correction operators to learn to optimize a picture quickly with minimal steps in Photoshop.
The training will be hands-on mentorship training on selecting the right ICC color profile, right originals, what corrections are needed which tools to use and what’s the best correction approach for newspaper production.
• Ideal color management for any print production house?
• Optimising color management workflow to improve productivity
• Setting up devices and device calibration.
• Optimum setting in color correction that helps saving cost.
• What’s the TIC trend across the publishers and the best TIC recommended for newspaper.
• How TIC optimisation helps in managing the ink cost How ISO 12647-3 helps costing.
Print Softwares: Adobe design softwares, measurement devices and tools:
Training will cover the contents includes
- Better usage of photoshop in color correction
- Indesign for designing the page layout
- Self check tool
- ideal settings and usage of spectrophoto meter devices that measures density and color
- Plate meter, etc.
ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 Certification guide for print houses:
The training will cover introduction to different International standards and management systems and the realistic approach in implementing them in the shop floor. Traditionally QMS: ISO 9001, EMS: ISO 14001, OHSMS: ISO 45001. Training typically covers the following
- Documentation requirement, Standard norms and specifications.
- Pre-Preperation requirement for certification and approaching the implementation
The training covers the definition and the reason for benchmarking and its importance in newspaper production. The topic will be covered as part of the sessions
- Why Benchmarking ?
- What to Benchmark ?
- What’s the global methods and measurements for the indices?
- Ideal dashboard for production sites to capture the performance dynamically.
- Types, Pros & Cons
- Benchmarking features & concept.
- Benchmarking for Newspaper
- 10 KPI’s and metrices for Newspaper
- The right metrices
The PDCA approach for production
- Significance of PDCA
- A case study in PDCA
- How do management systems use PDCA for best effect?
- 40-40-10-10 methodology
- Analysis techniques
- Why-why methodology
Training covers the below content
- Introduction Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- History of SPC and the definitions
- Variation and control charts
- Types of control charts and usage
- Power of control charts to detect instability
- Histograms and distributions
- Tools and software usage for plotting control charts
- reading control charts
- Analysis of SPC: Pareto chart and Scatter chart, etc.
Color Quality and ISO standards for newspaper production: ISO 2846-2, ISO 12647-3 and DIN 19306-4
This covers international standards ISO 12647-1, ISO 12647-3, ISO 3664, ISO 5-3, ISO 5-4, ISO 2846-2, ISO 12635) relevant for high quality newspaper production.
- Introduction to ISO 12647-3 & other
- Standards available for newspaper production?
- Introducing to ISO 12647-3, ISO 2846-2 and DIN 19306 standards
- Specifications and tolerances of each standard.
- How each standard is aligned and complement other stands Why is it important to know and adopt more than one standards
- What the better color management for any print production house?
- Optimising color management workflow to improve productivity
- Setting devices for a color management workflow
- Importance of device calibrations and icc profiles in color management
- Optimum setting in color correction that helps saving cost.
- How TIC optimisation helps in managing the ink cost .
- How to optimise the newspaper production process flow to an international adoption
- What’s the TIC trend across the publishers and the best TIC recommended for newspaper.
- Specifications of different standards applicable for newspaper
- Better approach in participating color quality contest and benefits.
Carbon Footprint & Climate Calc for newspaper plants:
- Understanding of ISO 14064-1
- Need for carbon foot print reduction
- Measuring and reducing carbon Footprint
- Why & what is Carbon Management
- Introduction to ISO 14064
- Carbon Foot printing measurement & reduction techniques
Densitometry and Colorimetry
This workshop training program focuses on training the employees for effective use of the tools & instruments like Spectro photometer and use of spreadsheets to calculate process control. This includes ideal setting & handling of densito-meter and Spectro-photo meter.
It also dives deep into the below content
- All about densitometry: Density, Dot gain, Mid-tone spread, Trap, Print contrast, Hue error and grayness – Formulas
- Using Spectro densitometers for density measurements: Settings and standards
- Inter-instrument agreement analysis of the density measurements – Comparison of equipments
- Introduction to L*a*b* color space and Spectro densitometer Settings and standards
- Delta E1976 calculation and plot and analyze the 2-d color gamut of your press
WAN-IFRA RMTC offers pressman training program that covers all topics from materials, production, machine and maintenance.
- Lithographic process
- Color reproduction and standards
- Overview of consumables – paper, Ink, Plates, Blankets, Fount, etc
- Functional explanation of printing machine units
- Major production issues and solutions to solve them
- Best practices for operating and maintaining a press
- Waste reduction and productivity metrics
- Maintaining consistent quality
Analysing and interpreting the paper and ink material test results
The training content includes,
- What’s the importance of material tests?
- Importance of material standarisation
- Why the material need to be in conformance with ISO and other international specs?
- What’s all the tests available for print materials – ink and paper
- Which are the standards applicable for newspaper and which standard is applicable to which of the print material
- Do the materials really need to be in confirm the standards?
- What’s the role of material testing in material optimization that helps cost saving for newspaper houses.
- How to calculate the saving in realistic way.
- Characteristic properties of paper and ink that plays important role in cost.
- Controlling incoming newsprint and ink – Modern approach and need for purchasing specification.
- How to relate the test results for production relevance assessment.
- How to standardize newsprint and ink for better performance and cost managements.
Do you or your team members need to be trained on any of these topics ?
Download the detailed lists of all the trainings : DOWNLOAD HERE