RESEARCH AND MATERIAL TESTING CENTRE is a professionally managed print laboratory of WAN-IFRA, that work and serve towards the improvements in newspaper production, which often carries out reseach for World Printers Forum. This laboratory is equipped with machineries like IGT printability tester, Inking unit, Grammage meter, Grinding , spectro photometer , etc,.
We do consult and audit the print production units various projects like Quality audit, ISO 12647-3 Certification towards quality improvement and optimisation of print production flow. Also, offers technical workshop/trainings for companies at their print sites and sometimes in a common locations. Some of the key services offered by RMTC are below,
1. MATERIAL TESTING – PAPER & INK:
- Newsprint & ink printability tests: Optimum density setup, Ink requirement, Ink Mileage, print through, picking (fluffing), trapping (wet on wet), Set-off, Strike-through.
- ISO 2846-2 Conformance Test: Ink requirement, Optimum ink film thickness range, Color deviation at different IFT, Transparency.
- ISO 12647-3 Conformance study for Newsprint & ink: Newsprint shade, Primary & Color shades, Primary & secondary color deviation from ISO, Color space overlap with ISO.
2. PROJECTS & CONSULTATIONS:
- ISO Audit and certifications
– ISO 12647-3 Certification for cold-set newspaper
– Integrated Management System (IMS – ISO 9001,14001,45001)
- Benchmarking of Newspaper production KPI.
- Quality Audit and Improvement (QES)
- General Print Quality (GPQ) analysis and comparison of printed copies
3. PRODUCTION WORKSHOP & TRAININGS:
- Densitometry and Colorimetry Workshops
- Color correction training in Photoshop
- Simulated Press Training
Got queries ? Need more info / proposals?
E mail to: email@example.com (or)