Are you passionate about the future of journalism, innovation in media and how to support cross-border cooperation between media outlets in Europe?
Come join us and help us roll out and disseminate several new exciting EU funded projects at the intersection between media and tech !
WHO WE ARE
You will be working for the World Association of News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) based between Paris and Frankfurt. WAN-IFRA is financed through membership fees and donors sponsorships towards specific media development projects. The association gained formal consultative status to UNESCO in 1949, to the UN in the spring of 1950, and to the Council of Europe in 1974. The original association was founded in Paris in 1948 by survivors of the World War II clandestine press of France and The Netherlands. The original membership of WAN-IFRA is represented by the national associations of newspaper publishers. Today, it represents more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries. The main mission of the association is to protect the rights of journalists around the world to operate free media and provide our members with professional services to help their business prosper in a digital world and perform their crucial role in open societies.
WAN-IFRA’s participation in EU funded projects is through the Global Alliance for Media Innovation (GAMI), which is a department that aims to encourage research and innovation in the media industry, to support networking and knowledge sharing in the field of media innovation, and to bridge the gap between research and academia and Industry.
The Coordinator for EU Programmes and Communications will be responsible for leading WAN-IFRA/GAMI’s tasks and responsibilities in the projects under the supervision of the GAMI Director and in coordination with the consortium leader. More specifically, she or he will be responsible for raising awareness about the project to the news media industry and ensuring an effective implementation of the project within the consortium.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coordinate and monitor communication activities, and create and publish communication outputs: press releases, website updates, newsletters, social media updates (Linkedin and Twitter (X))
- Assisting, coaching and monitoring of project participants
- Participate in consortium meetings in person, and organise online meetings with project partners
- Tracking project budget and expenditure and contribute to the reporting to the funder
- You will be working in close cooperation with the coordinators of the projects
- You will act as a point of contact and information at WAN-IFRA for all media organisations interested in our programmes, and you will be the interface between the project coordinator, the project executive team and the other project partners.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Previous project management experience
- Good experience in the news media industry
- A strong, demonstrable interest in current developments in media and news publishing and namely technological driven innovation in media.
- Good knowledge of the European Commission Horizon funding framework
- Ability to work as part of a team, yet with a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Willingness to travel, if required
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Valid working permission for Germany is necessary
Full time two-year contract (part time could be considered if necessary).
This is a remote work position but ideally the applicant would be based in France or Germany. Competitive salary package, please mention your salary expectations in your cover letter
Please submit a CV together with a one-page (maximum) cover letter to: