The World Editors Forum is the leading global community of editors and is an integral part of WAN-IFRA. We stand up for a free press, quality journalism and newsroom transformation, and have been doing so for over 25 years. We work with editors to shape their newsrooms for the future. We do so by identifying innovation and trends, tools and best practices. We share this intelligence through our blog, newsletter, meetings, networking events, conferences, research and study tours.
The World Editors Forum is steered by an advisory board of 26 editors from leading publications worldwide.
Become a member
There are two ways of joining the World Editors Forum:
- Any editor whose company is a member of WAN-IFRA has automatic membership of The World Editors Forum. But it’s good to get to know you directly. Contact us so that we can welcome you to the editors’ community
- You can also join the World Editors Forum as an individual member. There is an annual membership fee. For more information contact us.
Benefits of membership
As a WEF member you will:
- Have access to, and support from, an international network of committed editors from over 120 countries.
- Be part of a global conversation about the future of journalism and digital transformation
- Support our work to promote and defend press freedom.
- Receive up to 30% off annual editorial conferences including the International Newsroom Summit and the World Editors Forum
- Save to 25% off study tours to some of the world’s leading newsrooms
- Free access to Trends in Newsrooms, the research into newsroom practices
- Free access to topical research reports e.g. Science in the Newsroom
- Be invited to join our editor’s research panel
- Access to our blogs and social networks connecting you to thousands of like minded professionals.<
- Receive our World Editors Forum fortnightly email and the daily Executive News Service email which links to industry headlines around the world.