Account Manager (f/m, full-time position, Frankfurt, limited contract for one year with the opportunity of prolongation)
To further support our continuously growing portfolio of activities, WAN-IFRA is looking to hire an Account Manager to join our international team based in Frankfurt.
Your role will consist primarily of developing new sales leads, booking appointments with prospective clients, account management of existing customers and negotiating optimal exhibition space and sponsorship packages across our portfolio of Global, Digital and Regional Events, as well as printed and online publications.
A confident sales approach and an excellent telephone manner will be expected of you, as well as previous experience in B2B sales.
An excellent command of English also is required as you will be generating business with large and international organisations worldwide.
Previous experience in exhibition sales and knowledge of the publishing industry will be valued.
You will fit perfectly into our team, if you
- have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- have a minimum of 2-5 years B2B sales experience.
- are tenacious and self-motivated.
- have experience in working with Salesforce and email marketing tools.
- are strongly interested in the media industry.
- are comfortable working in a small team, collaborating regularly with the different project managers to ensure the different sponsorship budgets are met.
- possess flexibility traits to better cross–sell a large portfolio of events.
- possess a positive, adaptable and resourceful personality with intercultural competences to meet the challenges of a global industry.
- are fluent in English. Other language skills are an asset.
- be part of a truly unique, member-driven global association with an inspirational mandate to defend and promote press freedom.
- get experience working with top executives in today’s top news brands & technology suppliers.
- play a key role in building and developing our portfolio for the future.
- be part of a truly international working environment.
- performance-related compensation package.
- home office flexibility.
Due to Covid-19, employees have the flexibility to work from home (within Germany), but are still expected to periodically report to the local office in Frankfurt.
Our business language is English. The work location is our office in Frankfurt.
Starting Date: asap
Interested? Please send your application together with your salary expecation and the earliest date you can start to firstname.lastname@example.org.