Media Reporter / Analyst, Insights team
Starting date: asap
Location: India (possibly remote)
The World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is seeking a journalist who will be responsible for researching and reporting on the key strategic issues facing the news media industry (globally).
- Report, write and research about the crucial topics facing specific communities (editorial, business/revenue, print production, C-suite strategy) within the news media industry (mostly newspaper publishing companies).
- Provide regular (weekly) original content to WAN-IFRA’s Insights platforms (website, newsletters)
- Curate and distribute multimedia content from WAN-IFRA events onto relevant in-house platforms.
- Lead 1-2 research reports on a specific community (e.g., print) annually.
- Support WAN-IFRA Insights team with daily newsletter curation and distribution.
- Contribute content to WAN-IFRA India office’s publications and provide coverage of their events.
- Support WAN-IFRA India office with writing / editing / proofreading of marketing content (occasionally)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with a news publisher or news media organisation
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Proficient in Power Point (something similar), Excel, Word (Google docs)
- Proficient and active on social media
- Preferably, experience with audio/video editing/creation/production
- Project management experience
- Customer-oriented with strong communication skills
- Self-initiative; highly reliable
- Embraces working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Team player
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work with a prestigious global news media association
- Work with a truly global team on a daily basis
- Opportunity to network with leading professionals in the news media industry
- Opportunity to become a strong voice and analyst in the news media industry
- Opportunity for occasional international travel
Interested? Please send your application together with your salary expectations and the earliest date you can start to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAN-IFRA is the World Association of News Publishers. Its mission is to protect the rights of journalists across the world to operate free media, and provide its members with professional services to help their business prosper in a digital world and perform their crucial role in open societies. WAN-IFRA draw its knowledge from a global network of leading news publishing companies and technology entrepreneurs, and its legitimacy from its 80 national association members representing 8,000 publications in 120 countries.